AYHJA Fantasy Football 2011-2012

Discuss your favorite athlete, talk about current sporting news, physical fitness, martial arts, and anything else related to athletics here.
¡ñ±£¿®∆L Ф¶†ïς@п
Resident Cryptologist

Re: AYHJA Fantasy Football 2011-2012

Post by ¡ñ±£¿®∆L Ф¶†ïς@п »

Yeah, TT allowed me to share commissioneering duties for the past two seasons.
It was actually a good idea on his part, as he kind of disappeared through the second half of the season last year, and this summer, I had to go ahead and re-open the league. (tho for a minute there, I, too thought, the AF Elite league was done, becuase it initially told me only TT could reactivate the league again.)

Additionally, I think yesterday or so I set the draft date to this Labor Day weekend. Go ahead and visit the AF Elite homepage again to view when exactly you'll need to clear your calendar.

Plus, this is just a hopeful plea, but do you have one or three pals (virtual or not) that would like to join the league, Kumicho?
You can just go ahead and drop their e-mail addy's below if'n you do. ;)

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
AYHJA

Post by AYHJA »

I do, I'll let them know to join this week..! Yes, I'll just go ahead and drop that other league or whatever...

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
¡ñ±£¿®∆L Ф¶†ïς@п
Resident Cryptologist

Alrite! :D

I just got confirmation no more than five minutes ago, and our league now has the minimum requirement of 8 teams.
I set the draft for this Thursday at 6:15 New York Standard Time (also known as EDT).
I was going to set it for tomorrow, to allow for a day in-between each way, but just having less than 24 hours notice before a draft really stinks, so hopefully, this is enough notice to say: AF ELITE is back!

Plus: Uber, where are your friends? I'm going to need the e-mail(s) right quick if we are going to have them join the league in time.
I think Drew's team might have a really high chance of being on cruise control for this season, so even if you have the one pal, he can take over that team.

Additional plus: Does anyone have any late keeper selections they would like to submit for this season?
The deadline passed about a week ago, but I don't mind seeing you keep your stars from last year.

We cut it pretty close, but it looks like this one is not going into the mothballs just yet. ;)

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
erokero85

Post by erokero85 »

Sweet. 2 hours before game time. And I'm gonna be stuck at work. Time to start praying to the auto-draft gods......

Well, hopefully I don't draft any Saints or Packers into my starting lineup that I don't want on Thursday....

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
AYHJA

Post by AYHJA »

OK, I have 3 people to join our league...Is that cool..?

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
¡ñ±£¿®∆L Ф¶†ïς@п
Resident Cryptologist

It is alright with me if we have more competitors for the league, but they are the ones who are responsible for maintaining their rosters. Ask them if they wouldn't mind taking over already pre-drafted teams (seeing as how our draft was the day before your last reply).

First, I'll need their e-mail addresses in order to send them an ESPN invite to the AF Elite league, and then they will need to open it up, and click on the custom link found in the automated message to join, and take over one of the teams that already drafted their players.

Looks like TT is back, as I went to fix my roster for this Sunday's games, he was the first team to make a transaction from the FA pool.

So, at the moment, we have two teams in the league that are able to be replaced with live friends of yours, Uber: team GOLDEN DREW, and team SEMI PRO.
I can't reset the maximum number to anything higher than 8, one because the season is already underway, and two, even if I were able to, the last two teams to join the league would only have rosters comprised of players exclusively from the FA pool, or in other words, players that weren't rated high enough to be drafted in the first place. For this year, at least, we still have a league consisting of 8 friends and pals with super-stacked rosters battling it out every week.

If your buddies (2 of the 3) are willing to accept the rules of engagement Uber, I'd be glad to have them ushered into the league to compete.

Here is the current roster for team SEMI PRO:
QB Tony Romo, Dal QB
RB Maurice Jones-Drew, Jac
RB Michael Turner, Atl
RB/WR Reggie Wayne, Ind
WR Hakeem Nicks, NYG
WR Vincent Jackson, SD
TE Jermichael Finley, GB
D/ST Ravens D/ST D/ST
K Billy Cundiff, Bal
Bench Beanie Wells, Ari
Bench Cedric Benson, Cin
Bench James Starks, GB
Bench Eli Manning, NYG
Bench Joe Flacco, Bal
Bench Chad Ochocinco, NE
Bench Ryan Torain

.... and for team GOLDEN DREW:
QB Ben Roethlisberger, Pit
RB Chris Johnson, Ten
RB Frank Gore, SF
RB/WR Darren McFadden, Oak
WR Roddy White, Atl
WR Jeremy Maclin, Phi
TE Antonio Gates, SD
D/ST Steelers D/ST D/ST
K Neil Rackers, Hou
Bench Jonathan Stewart, Car
Bench Ryan Grant, GB
Bench Sidney Rice, Sea
Bench Joseph Addai, Ind
Bench Pierre Garcon, Ind
Bench Brandon Jacobs, NYG
Bench Robert Meachem, NO

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
AYHJA

Post by AYHJA »

Man, I don't know what it is, but I just can't catch a break in this fucking league, lol...

Philip Rivers...Projected to get 28 points against the lowly Chiefs...I mean, who wouldn't make that start..? Much to my dismay, he turns and gets fucking 2..?!? TWO points..? As in 1...2...Fucking points..? Wow...

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
¡ñ±£¿®∆L Ф¶†ïς@п
Resident Cryptologist

Man, you beat me by I don't know how many dozen of points last week, and you (auto-)started 2-3 scratched players, and stillcame away as the victor.
That, by my standard of definition, is catching a lucky break.

However, I, now, am planning on moving on up, and staying there. Beware.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
AYHJA

Post by AYHJA »

Yeah, I had been checking my team, but somehow didn't catch it between "locked" status in order to move those guys out...But said week, I did my due diligence, and I ended up catching an L...If managing my roster, or lack thereof, is lucky, I'm never touching it again...

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
¡ñ±£¿®∆L Ф¶†ïς@п
Resident Cryptologist

I somehow only got a fleeting glimpse of what was a great performance of my star QB, A. Rodgers, in a spectacular performance yesterday afternoon.
I guess I really did hose team Semi-Pro in that trade I thought was a mistake last season.
(I'm just really only sore about not owning Fitzgerald, A. Johnson or Calvin Johnson this season, after having had their services aid me in seasons past.)

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links