Dracula Untold

Misc. discussion about TV shows, movies, theater, celebrities, music, video games, novels, and comic books goes here.
AYHJA

Dracula Untold

Post by AYHJA »

IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0829150/

At some point in my life, I am sure that I thought that Dracula and vampires were cool...And then...I don't know, something happened...Vampires became pop and my appreciation for creatures of the night just went to :shit: . I have never seen a twilight movie...Vampires standing out in the sun glistening..? Man get the fuck outta here!

Anyway...I saw a trailer for this and am really thinking about seeing it. Number one, no sappy ass love story, this looks like the Faustian tale Dracula is...Not sure if it's done with sequels in mind, but I think I'm down...

Number two, the lead actor is a personal favorite of mine. He's like Orlando Bloom, but I don't know. Manlier? He can slip in and out of roles, good and bad, and you still want to root for him...He has some sort of presence, just about every time I see him in a movie, he's playing some sort of God or uber character...Great choice here, he can pull off the necessary moves to play Vlad.

Anyone else considering this?
ImageImage
Image Image

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
Sir Jig-A-Lot

Re: Dracula Untold

Post by Sir Jig-A-Lot »

I sadly paid good money to watch this earlier today. I was sucked in by the trailer when I first saw it during Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes. Sorry to ruin it for you, Ube, but, there is a very sappy love story. There is nothing scary at all about this flick. It comes off more as an extended pilot for a CW show than a vampire movie. Dracula Untold a/k/a Nice Guy The Vampire. 2/10

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
AYHJA

Post by AYHJA »

:(

Damn, that makes me sad...Truly...What kills it..? 2/10..? :-( :-( :-( :-( :even: on the smiley scale..?

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
Sir Jig-A-Lot

Post by Sir Jig-A-Lot »

Well, the fact that it's a "horror" move without the horror. it's supposed to be a period piece, yet, has loads of contemporary dialogue sprinkled throughout the whole thing. The maudlin love story. Trust me, Ja, this is a wait-for-cable affair or at least until a decent download is available.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links