Date of Birth: 20th June 1986
Hometown: Somewhere in the small islands of fiji
Height: 5' 10"
Weight: 75kg
Ethnicity: Fiji Indian
Religion: Hindu by birth but unknown by choice
Sign: Gemini

Freestyle

Likes: Dancing, listening to music, writing poem, going out, playing soccer, bowling, laser tag, movies, popcorn fight, spending time with my big bro, going for a run, my car, playing on ps2===games like metal gear solid etc, chess when I get time to play it, AND FOOD!!

Dislikes: People who just want to get something and thats why they would hang out with you, people who like using other people, People who think they are the shiz and act like they are the world, waiting on other people, wasting time on waiting for something, people who think they know it all, people who talk shit about other people behind their back etc etc

Unless I told you, you would never know that I: I own two fones and I'm on dial up lol. Most people don't believe I write poetry though.

Favorite Quote: [/i]
[hr:ceead1ab02] There is no wrong way; there is either a short way or a long way.

Self Peception:

Positive: I'm a open person, ask me anything and I'll let you know. I tend to make friends easily and would be there for them in any situation no matter what the time. I believe that friends are really important and when things are down on you friends are the only thing you might have. Normally I can be a very patient man. I wont get angry unless someone provokes me. I hold strong beliefs but at the same time I will be prepared to look at things from someone else's prespective. I try my best not to force my beliefs on someone else. I would say im a good listener too and would listen to anyones problems and try to figure something out to help.

Negative: If someone pisses me off they have all of hell to deal with. I really tend to blow off on people who think that they are all thats great in this world. I really hate it when people try to attack who I'm and I act very badly and aggressivly to it. I dont like waiting too long for some thing. I tend to keep my problems to myself. I suck with time management.

Assumed Perception:

My friends believe that I'm this really smart guy who knows a lot. They also think I study a lot when honestly I dont. Most friends easily open up to me and know that I will listen to them.

Questions and Answers

1. Do you tend to make decisions using your intuition and/or feelings or do you tend to use your knowledge and/or intelligence? Would you change that if you could?

It depends what is at stake. At times when there is more risk involved it wont be only me who would have to suffer the consequences of the decision then I might make that decision based on my feelings but on the other hand where there is more at stake I would use logic and intelligence to make my decision.

2. Do you judge yourself more harshly than you judge others?

Definitly. I always believe that a lot is riding on my shoulders and thus I need to be at the top of my game whenever I do anything. So yes I do tend to judge myself harshly. On judging others I try to reserve judgement untill I get to know someone and would not decide anything about anyone unless I know them well.

3. Is the praise of others more important than your own sense of compentence?

I believe that when people do something good then they should be acknowledged whether it be more then your own ability.

Rate Questions

(Not good at all - Not so good - Average - Pretty Good - Exceptional)

How would you rate your ability to communicate and keep a conversation going..?
Pretty Good

How would you rate your ability to flow, despite a lack of knowledge on a subject..?
Average

If you lack understanding or knowledge, are you willing to learn about something..?
Pretty Good
WHEN THE RICH WAGE WAR ITS THE POOR WHO DIE

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
AYHJA

Post by AYHJA »

Fellow AF Member based on your experience in the forums, rate Deepak..!

How would you rate Deepak when it comes to:

His ability to communicate and keep a conversation going..?
Average

His ability to flow, despite a lack of knowledge on a subject..?
Pretty Good

His willingness to learn about a subject he has little to no knowledge of..?
Exceptional

Is there anything you would like to add about your feelings or dealings with trashtalkr that other members might want to know..?

Deepak is a student, and that makes it really hard to write this...Right now, he has only time to talk about those things that are passionate to him...That said, I GREATLY admire his resolve in being a part of this community...He has been a shining example of a good friend and a great forum M8...His willingness to share his poetry, the innermost workings of a person, is beyiond impressive...He has taken some pretty harsh criticism for his work and done nothing but try to learn and improve...And by doing that, he has done a fair bit of teaching...He's a great guy to know, and I'm proud that he's growing and maturing here with us...

After reading his profile, if you could ask Deepak a question what would it be..?

You say your friends consider you a good listener...Do you feel your interaction with the members of this forum has given you a greater sense of appreciation for communication, verbal or written...How and why..?

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
Deepak

Post by Deepak »

I would say it definitely has. I dont quite remember how I was before I joined this place but I do remember that I was scared to say what I felt on a particualr subject. I would rather keep quiet then say what I felt. By being part of AF, I not only found a world full of ideas and ways of thinking but also how to take it all in and realise that there is no ONE way in doing something or one way of believing.

AF has given me the chance to learn and listen and read ideas and accept them for what they are and then protray my views on the matter without having to fear the repercussions. That not only allows me to talk on the matter but makes me want to listen more about the subject at hand and find a way to see that the ideas of each individual might acutally be correct in their place or try to make others believe that my way is the right way(doesnt happen much though lol).

These days I seem to have an abundance of self confidence, I meet people (gals esp.) and talk about all this random stuff and leave a lasting impression. I have made like heaps of friends in the past couple of weeks and I do believe that AF has had a great hand in it.

If you knew me on the board when I first joined it was evident that I had no ideas on how to structure my thoughts on the board but I have learnt and AF has been the major contributor. Being able to communicate my ideas effectively means that I'm more confident and AF has been a big part of that. I have been able to talk about anything over here and now I'm starting to do that in the real world too.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
Lost Ghost

Post by Lost Ghost »

Pretty Good...He usually brings something fresh to the table when he posts

Average, but this is probably because his lack of time...so he only hits the threads he knows about.

I really have no way to know this enough to give a rating, but I'll say Pretty Good (Cause it's safe)

Is there anything you would like to add about your feelings or dealings with Deepack that other members might want to know..?

Deepack and I have had our differences, but I do think he's a good and understanding guy. I value his opinions despite the fact that he probably thinks I don't care. I really do enjoy reading his perspective on things, as it's usually unique and his own, regarldess of whether or not I agree. He has definitely grown tremendously since joining AF.

After reading his profile, if you could ask Deepak a question what would it be..?

Do you think being from New Zealand gives you a certain perspective on issues? Do you often go to White Castle?

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
deepdiver32073
Iconoclast Extraordinaire

Post by deepdiver32073 »

Pretty Good...When Dee posts, it's usually relevant and to the point.

I'll say Pretty Good just on the fact that as a student (on dial-up no less) he has limited time to expand on subjects he might otherwise write volumes on.

Unknown. As LG said, it's hard to judge at this point in the game. Granted, we have seen tremendous growth in the maturity of Dee's responses, so maybe I'll amend that to Pretty Good.

Is there anything you would like to add about your feelings or dealings with Deepack that other members might want to know..?

I honestly haven't had that much direct dealings with Deepak as I have with others so he's still a bit of an "unknown" to me. I look forward to learning more about him and with him in the future.

In what way did growing up Hindu affect your world view?

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
Deepak

Post by Deepak »

QUOTE(Lost Ghost)

Do you think being from New Zealand gives you a certain perspective on issues? Do you often go to White Castle?

Being in any country does give you a certain prespective about a lot of things. I'm reminded of the frog in the well; to that frog the world is only as big as the well as he has not seen the outside of it. Certain things here are treated differently such as the issue of nuclear power; doesnt really go with the whole green image of the country. Anyway I would say that the culture that you experience does determine the prespective that you have on issues. Coming from a different country ie out of the well, I realised there is a lot more to the world then what I had previously imagined. So I think I have an open mind about things, more then what I used to before. But yeah to some extent I have developed certain prespectives that might be different to everyone on this forum.

Do I go to White Castle often? Sadly the answer to that is no. Most times I just hit the clubs in town, easier to pick up girls really.

*edit* Ps LG I dont think you dont care. I enjoy the debates we sometimes have even though it goes down to name calling and attacking the person instead of the view lolz. It makes things much more interesting with personalities clashing. As A said the world can not operate properly with a certain amount on chaos right.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
Deepak

Post by Deepak »

QUOTE(deepdiver32073)In what way did growing up Hindu affect your world view?

Interesting question. For some odd reason I never really believed that hinduism is the only way to go. My neighbour back in Fiji was a muslim who I got along with very well and many times enquired about his religion. Was really interesting to me. I began to question religion as a whole and I think it was very early in my life that I came to the conclusion that religion does not really matter. All that really matters is that you have faith in yourself. Someone told me this when I was young; your efforts count for 99% of what you achieve and the hand of god only a single percent. Ever since age 6 I was at a school that had religious education and like any religion there are many branches and I was at a school that taught the different one to what my family believed in. But overall the rituals and the mantras were all the same. Just that one did not pray to pictures and idols and the other did. Well that was generally what the difference was . Anyway so I began to question things and with learning of only two religions I learnt a little of christanity and realised that everything was basically the same. It did not matter if you called god as Om, Allah, Jehovah. If anything being a hindu allowed me to challenge religion as a whole. Allowed me to question being a hindu and then question where other religions came from. Help me see that when any religion says they are the only religion it does not matter, books dont tell people that there is just one way, people try to tell people that there is just one way and only so they can be controlled.

Anyway I dont think I was bounded down by religion and have always been of an open mind and took things for what I saw of them. So being a hindu hasnt had any effect of narrowing down my view of the world.

Hope that answered it.

Anyway yeah I have been low key on the site. I spend some time on msn but yeah at that time most of you are sleeping so yeah ....

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links