Random Movie News

Misc. discussion about TV shows, movies, theater, celebrities, music, video games, novels, and comic books goes here.
Sir Jig-A-Lot

Re: Random Movie News

Post by Sir Jig-A-Lot »

[center]Danny Trejo Updates 'Machete'
Source: Bloody-Disgusting.com
We ran into Danny Trejo at this past weekend's HorrorHound Weekend in Indiana where the popular genre actor told Bloody-Disgusting that Robert Rodriguez is still working on getting Machete off the ground and that he hopes the director will be ready when he finishes another project he is currently working on. He also confirms that Rodriguez will in fact direct the film, and not just produce it. In addition, Trejo breaks the news that Dimension Films is looking to turn MACHETE into a trilogy! Watch for more on this as it develops. After being betrayed by the organization who hired him, an ex-Federale (Trejo) launches a brutal rampage of revenge against his former boss.
[/center]
ALL MY BITCHEZ LUH ME

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
Sir Jig-A-Lot

Post by Sir Jig-A-Lot »

Rogue taps Marks for 'Hack/Slash'
Todd Lincoln to direct comicbook adaptation
Scribe Justin Marks has been tapped to tackle "Hack/Slash," Rogue Pictures' adaptation of the Devil's Due Publishing comicbook Todd Lincoln will helm.

Comicbook, created by Tim Seeley and Stefano Caselli, revolves around Cassie Hack, a young woman who travels the country and takes on homicidal maniacs and serial killers along the way.

The actioner will be heavy on comedy and horror.

Adrian Askarieh and Daniel Alter, who most recently oversaw "Hitman" at Fox, will produce the project.

The two have been building a rep setting up comicbook or vidgame-based projects at several studios, including "Lost Squad," also at Rogue; "Kane and Lynch" at Lionsgate; and "Spy Hunter" at Universal. They also have "Jonny Quest" at WB, based on the TV toon.

Meanwhile, Marks is on a roll, landing high-profile comicbook, videogame and toy-based adaptations.

He is scripting "Voltron: Defender of the Universe" for New Regency and Fox; "He-Man and the Masters of the Universe" for Joel Silver and toymaker Mattel at Warner Bros.; and the Green Arrow actioner "Supermax," also at WB. He also penned "Street Fighter" for Hyde Park and Fox.
ALL MY BITCHEZ LUH ME

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
Sir Jig-A-Lot

Post by Sir Jig-A-Lot »

[center]DreamWorks to Make 3-D Ghost in the Shell
DreamWorks Pictures has acquired rights to the Japanese manga "Ghost in the Shell" with plans to adapt the futuristic police thriller as a 3-D live-action feature, reports Variety.

The story follows the exploits of a member of a covert ops unit of the Japanese National Public Safety Commission that specializes in fighting technology-related crime.

Created by Masamune Shirow, "Ghost in the Shell" was first published in 1989. It went on to generate two additional manga editions, three anime film adaptations, an anime TV series and three video games. The second anime film, Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence, was released in the U.S. by DreamWorks in 2004.

Avi Arad, Ari Arad and Steven Paul of Seaside Entertainment are attached to produce and brought the project to the studio. Jamie Moss has been hired to write the adaptation.

"'Ghost in the Shell' is one of my favorite stories," Spielberg said. "It's a genre that has arrived, and we enthusiastically welcome it to DreamWorks."

DreamWorks president of production Adam Goodman said "Ghost in the Shell" is a property "that epitomizes 3-D live-action motion picture possibilities."
[/center]
ALL MY BITCHEZ LUH ME

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
Sir Jig-A-Lot

Post by Sir Jig-A-Lot »

[center] The Black Panther Coming to BET
Source: Variety
April 18, 2008
Marvel Comics has signed a deal to turn one of its superheroes, the Black Panther, into a primetime animated series for BET, starting early next year.

Variety says BET made the announcement at its upfront presentation in New York as the highlight of a batch of new series being readied for the 2008-09 season, under the supervision of Reginald Hudlin, president of entertainment for BET.

For more on the upfront presentation: http://www.variety.com/article/VR111798 ... id=14&cs=1
[/center]
ALL MY BITCHEZ LUH ME

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
Sir Jig-A-Lot

Post by Sir Jig-A-Lot »

[center] Marvel Studios Sets Four More Release Dates!
Source: Yahoo! Finance
May 5, 2008

Marvel Entertainment released their first quarter report to its shareholders this morning to coincide with the announcement about the success this past weekend of Marvel Studios' first production Iron Man, which grossed an estimated $100.7 million domestically and over $200 million worldwide. The announcement included an update of Marvel Studios' feature film slate with the already-rumored Iron Man 2 announced for a release on April 30, 2010, followed by three more movies for the summers of '10 and '11. Matthew Vaughn's Thor is set for a release on June 4, 2010, and The First Avenger: Captain America (the working title) will kick off the summer of 2011 on May 6, followed by the highly-anticipated and foreshadowed The Avengers scheduled for July 2011. (Edgar Wright's Ant-Man is also listed as being in development with no release date set.)

With that in mind, one can start expecting a lot more announcements in the coming months about creative teams and casting for those movies including who might direct the Captain America and Avengers movies. (Whomever plays Steve Rogers AKA Captain America presumably will be making two movies at once.)

There will be a webcast for investors at 9AM Eastern at www.Marvel.com/webcasts where the same information should be relayed.
[/center]
ALL MY BITCHEZ LUH ME

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
AYHJA

Post by AYHJA »

W/the right animation, Black Panther would rock out, but they'll probably fuck it up...

DC better get their shit together or Marvel will leave them in the dizust...

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
Sir Jig-A-Lot

Post by Sir Jig-A-Lot »

Looks like Wesley Snipes won't be doing that live-action Black Panther movie after all. :disappoint:
ALL MY BITCHEZ LUH ME

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
darklighter1

Post by darklighter1 »

Sir Jig-A-Lot wrote:Looks like Wesley Snipes won't be doing that live-action Black Panther movie after all. :disappoint:
Well he could do one where the Panther gets thrown in the slammer to brake up an international drug ring or illegal use of Vibranium in cell bars or something.....errrrr....maybe not. :p

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
Sir Jig-A-Lot

Post by Sir Jig-A-Lot »

LOL
ALL MY BITCHEZ LUH ME

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
Sir Jig-A-Lot

Post by Sir Jig-A-Lot »

[center]PLEASE.GOD.NO.
it's bad enough they are saying this fool is gonna be Magnum P.I..

source: Cinemablend
Rumor: Matthew McConaughey as Captain America?
After their big announcement Monday, we now know that Marvel Studios is planning to resurrect Captain America. His first movie isn’t slated for release until May 6th of 2011, but according to our sources they’re already looking for a potential leading man.

One of our long time scoopers dropped us a message tonight to let me know that Matthew McConaughey may be one of Marvel’s leading candidates to slip into Cap’s red white and blue underpants. Our source is a reliable one, but at this point it’s still very early and he’s only one of the actor’s they are considering for the role.

Physically I can understand why they’d want him. McConaughey has the build of an all-American beefcake type, which is exactly what Captain America is. Aside from his appearance though, he’d be a strange choice. Though he’s made a lot of movies, there’s still been no real evidence that Matthew can really act. Aside from his questionable acting ability, there’s also his public persona as a rarely bathed, pot smoking slacker. The McConaughey we’ve all come to know embodies just about everything that Captain America isn’t.

Though maybe that’s not a bad thing. In the early days Captain America was basically government propaganda. A rah rah, flag waver meant to get everyone excited about killing Nazis. Maybe moving a little bit away from that straight-laced, uber-patriot persona wouldn’t be a bad thing, since as he’s traditionally thought of Captain America is kind of a bore.
[/center]
ALL MY BITCHEZ LUH ME

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links