Whatcha Watching?

Misc. discussion about TV shows, movies, theater, celebrities, music, video games, novels, and comic books goes here.
Sir Jig-A-Lot

Re: Whatcha Watching?

Post by Sir Jig-A-Lot »

'twas nice to watch the original unaltered,undefiled Star Wars trilogy this evening.
ALL MY BITCHEZ LUH ME

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
darklighter1

Post by darklighter1 »

There is no original unaltered Star Wars. There is no original unaltered Star Wars. There is no original unaltered Star Wars. There is no original unaltered Star Wars.....ehh what was I saying....feel like I've been brainwashed or something.....ah well couldn't be important.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
Sir Jig-A-Lot

Post by Sir Jig-A-Lot »

CDR :laff:
ALL MY BITCHEZ LUH ME

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
Sir Jig-A-Lot

Post by Sir Jig-A-Lot »

Okay, I'm a few years late to the party on this one. Inside Man was a great heist film. Very offbeat & slightly cerebral too. I ignored it back in the day cos the trailers made it look like a Denzel star vehicle. So totally not! This was Clive Owen's show (As part of a great ensemble cast) all the way & it proves Spike Lee can still make awesome movies when he wants to. Swish for Spike!
ALL MY BITCHEZ LUH ME

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
Sir Jig-A-Lot

Post by Sir Jig-A-Lot »

I just marathoned s4 of Breaking Bad. How fucking batshit insane has that show been this season?!. Walt has turned into the goddamned Joker. I think it has just shot to the top of my fave list past Boardwalk Empire, Mad Men & Walking Dead. Anyone finding Dexter s6 kinda lackluster in comparison to the seasons before it?
ALL MY BITCHEZ LUH ME

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
¡ñ±£¿®∆L Ф¶†ïς@п
Resident Cryptologist

Post by ¡ñ±£¿®∆L Ф¶†ïς@п »

Sir Jig-A-Lot wrote:I just marathoned s4 of Breaking Bad. How fucking batshit insane has that show been this season?!. Walt has turned into the goddamned Joker. I think it has just shot to the top of my fave list past Boardwalk Empire, Mad Men & Walking Dead. Anyone finding Dexter s6 kinda lackluster in comparison to the seasons before it?
Kismet!!

I just started my marathon session of season 4's Breaking Bad last night. I only watched the first two episodes from this past season, but it has been pulse-pounding since the first frame. I didn't know I only missed the season finale by a week or two, but it seems like years since I last saw Breaking Bad, so I thought to seek it out yesterday (I had no idea you would, too!)

In response to Dexter: I thought that season five of Dexter was the weakest of all, but it was still heads above most other shows on network or cable (at the time). My favorite seasons were 4 (Trinity killer), season 1 (Ice-truck killer), and seasons 2 & 3 flip-flop from time-to-time for me (season 2's best moments involved Sgt. Doakes, and season 3 had frickin' Jimmy Smits as Dexter's would-be 'apprentice'). That said, the first episode of this newest season was especially tired and weak, in my opinion. I can't really even remember how it began, or how it ended, it was so pathetic. It really gave me a bad feeling that this would follow last season's downward trend. But... in the past few episodes, I've come around back towards 'giddy anticipation'. The Debra as 'SuperCop' angle has reached new heights, Dexter is still trying to find balance between his normal adopted identity and the inner dark passenger of his, (it's much easier to do this when you only need to take care of 1 kid, as opposed to 3. Plus, somehow my favorite television crush, Aimee Garcia is around to pick up the slack.) and while the new-duo baddies didn't seem too menacing to begin with, the way the last episode ended, it was mind-blowingly gruesome (yet awesome).

- - - - -

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
¡ñ±£¿®∆L Ф¶†ïς@п
Resident Cryptologist

(... continued)

I'm going to turn this message around, and try to keep this short: while at first, I didn't think the premise of the show held much content, I have got to admit that Showtime's Homeland has got me hooked, and I'm tempted to say its the best new series of the fall. Riveting. It's got a great cast, superb direction, plus writing, and the bonus of it all is that it has Morena Baccarin back in a featured role. (I can't get enough of her) The actor that plays Sgt. Brody, too, I've loved all the series in which he's been involved (Band of Brothers, Life). I can't wait to see tomorrow's episode.

Oh, and as a bonus: these are the shows that I am currently in the midst of watching (I don't have a television anymore, so it's strictly finding the free time to stream these when I get the chance)

Bones
Community
Dexter
The Mentalist (I joined the bandwagon late to this series, like just three months ago, but it is spectacular)
Modern Family
Happy Endings
Raising Hope
Person of Interest
Unforgettable
A Gifted Man
Fringe
New Girl (I have one more ep. to decide whether or not this show stinks)
Parks and Rec (I'm falling behind on this, despite it being very witty)

Breaking Bad
The Closer
The Shield
The Sopranos
The Unit

* the above couple of series I'm planning to marathon in order to quickly catch up and/or finish outright.

Do you have any one or two recommendations to add to the listing?
Was there a Hard Knocks season on HBO this year, or was it scrapped?

Last bit: if you have not as of yet checked out Party Down, (believe it was shown on Starz between 2008-10) Watch it.
It was only on for two seasons, (mainly because I think Jane Lynch found another venue, and then, too, did Adam Scott.) but it is hilarious.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
Sir Jig-A-Lot

Post by Sir Jig-A-Lot »

Hmmm, No, Nothing new to recommend. My watching habits are the same really. The only 3 I've added this year :

Game Of Thrones
The Borgias
&
Boardwalk Empire

The rest are the same:

Breaking Bad
Dexter
Supernatural
Big Bang Theory
Walking Dead

I tried Weeds a couple of months back but I found it got ridiculous after s3. Camelot too was a crapfest.
ALL MY BITCHEZ LUH ME

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
¡ñ±£¿®∆L Ф¶†ïς@п
Resident Cryptologist

Now that I've caught up to my newest favoritest podcast (We're Alive); Starting to get caught up on AMC's The Walking Dead, (seasons 2 and 3) so that should have me occupied for the next 3-4 weeks, I'd presume (1 ep. per night).

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
¡ñ±£¿®∆L Ф¶†ïς@п
Resident Cryptologist

Re: BBC's (+ Masterpiece Mystery's) Sherlock

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links