Random Movie News
Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:26 am
i figured we could use a thread like this for stuff that didn't warrant their own threads..
FF 3 A NO GO
source: MTV
'Fantastic Four 3’ Probably Not Happening, Reveals Chris Evans
3 Comments | Published by Shawn Adler on Thursday, March 20, 2008 at 3:17 pm.
Chris EvansDr. Doom couldn’t do it. The Silver Surfer couldn’t either. Galactus, destroyer of worlds and devourer of planets? Never stood a chance. Nearly fifty years of adventures, and not one villain could ever put a permanent end to Reed Richards, Sue Storm, and the first family of crime-fighting.
Now they’re ready to hang it up based on a little negative criticism?
“I’m pretty sure we won’t do [another] one,” insisted “Fantastic Four” star Chris Evans, who excelled in two films as the Human Torch. “I’m assuming that one is a closed book.”
What gives? In recent months, both Jessica Alba and Michael Chiklis have expressed a strong desire to come back for “FF3,” each one even going so far as to offer up a preferred storyline.
Sure, Franklin Richards or The Puppet Master would be cool. It’s not the storylines that worries Evans, he insists, it’s the fact that they have to offer it up the storylines at all, he told MTV News.
“After the first one was released we got wind of potential titles and plots [almost immediately], and I’ve heard nothing from anyone at Fox [yet],” he grumbled. “We had all planned on doing [another] one but if there were going to be a third I think a week after the second one was released we would have heard.”
It might be for the best. When we spoke with Evans in June, he acknowledged the failings of the first two movies, but said he still thought the franchise’s “potential has not been reached.”
“I still think this can be something great, and I think we are getting closer,” he said at the time. “”I think that if [”FF2″] does ok and people respond with the appreciation of a more serious tone, hopefully [with] the third one we can inch closer to a legitimate cast and a legitimate film.”
Now Evans — who will next be seen with Keanu Reeves in the cop drama “Street Kings” — is singing a different tune, confessing that he’s “ready to walk away” from the role that made him a household name.
“It takes up a lot of time. It’s a big commitment,” he said. “I’m happy with walking away.”
Still, Evans confessed that he does want to leave the door a little ajar, citing Marvel’s recent success with character cross-pollination. If “Spider-Man” or “Hulk” came to him with a cameo, he’s be the first on board.
“Absolutely,” he enthused. “If Johnny Storm wanted to make a pop in appearance in one of those movies that would be a treat.”
What do you make of Evans’ revelations? Are you holding out hope for another “Fantastic Four”? Or, like me, do you think they’re just, well, a little too silly. Good news or bad news – FLAME ON!
Marvel Studios' Kevin Feige last summer said the Silver Surfer movie had been "moved to the forefront" of discussions. And just last month, Straczynski said the spin-off will cover the origin of the character and will feature Galactus.
[center]
[/center]
Joby Harold to Adapt Ronin
Source: The Hollywood Reporter
March 20, 2008
The Hollywood Reporter says screenwriter Joby Harold (Awake) will write an adaptation of the Frank Miller graphic novel "Ronin" for Warner Bros.
"Ronin," which Miller wrote and drew in the early 1980s, centers on a masterless samurai who is reincarnated in a dystopic near-future New York populated by squatters, factions and mutants. The ronin must try to destroy a demon with a mystic sword, which also is found in New York.
Sylvain White is attached to direct, while Gianni Nunnari, one of the producers behind the Miller adaptation 300, and his Hollywood Gang are producing.
FF 3 A NO GO
source: MTV
'Fantastic Four 3’ Probably Not Happening, Reveals Chris Evans
3 Comments | Published by Shawn Adler on Thursday, March 20, 2008 at 3:17 pm.
Chris EvansDr. Doom couldn’t do it. The Silver Surfer couldn’t either. Galactus, destroyer of worlds and devourer of planets? Never stood a chance. Nearly fifty years of adventures, and not one villain could ever put a permanent end to Reed Richards, Sue Storm, and the first family of crime-fighting.
Now they’re ready to hang it up based on a little negative criticism?
“I’m pretty sure we won’t do [another] one,” insisted “Fantastic Four” star Chris Evans, who excelled in two films as the Human Torch. “I’m assuming that one is a closed book.”
What gives? In recent months, both Jessica Alba and Michael Chiklis have expressed a strong desire to come back for “FF3,” each one even going so far as to offer up a preferred storyline.
Sure, Franklin Richards or The Puppet Master would be cool. It’s not the storylines that worries Evans, he insists, it’s the fact that they have to offer it up the storylines at all, he told MTV News.
“After the first one was released we got wind of potential titles and plots [almost immediately], and I’ve heard nothing from anyone at Fox [yet],” he grumbled. “We had all planned on doing [another] one but if there were going to be a third I think a week after the second one was released we would have heard.”
It might be for the best. When we spoke with Evans in June, he acknowledged the failings of the first two movies, but said he still thought the franchise’s “potential has not been reached.”
“I still think this can be something great, and I think we are getting closer,” he said at the time. “”I think that if [”FF2″] does ok and people respond with the appreciation of a more serious tone, hopefully [with] the third one we can inch closer to a legitimate cast and a legitimate film.”
Now Evans — who will next be seen with Keanu Reeves in the cop drama “Street Kings” — is singing a different tune, confessing that he’s “ready to walk away” from the role that made him a household name.
“It takes up a lot of time. It’s a big commitment,” he said. “I’m happy with walking away.”
Still, Evans confessed that he does want to leave the door a little ajar, citing Marvel’s recent success with character cross-pollination. If “Spider-Man” or “Hulk” came to him with a cameo, he’s be the first on board.
“Absolutely,” he enthused. “If Johnny Storm wanted to make a pop in appearance in one of those movies that would be a treat.”
What do you make of Evans’ revelations? Are you holding out hope for another “Fantastic Four”? Or, like me, do you think they’re just, well, a little too silly. Good news or bad news – FLAME ON!
Marvel Studios' Kevin Feige last summer said the Silver Surfer movie had been "moved to the forefront" of discussions. And just last month, Straczynski said the spin-off will cover the origin of the character and will feature Galactus.
[center]

Joby Harold to Adapt Ronin
Source: The Hollywood Reporter
March 20, 2008
The Hollywood Reporter says screenwriter Joby Harold (Awake) will write an adaptation of the Frank Miller graphic novel "Ronin" for Warner Bros.
"Ronin," which Miller wrote and drew in the early 1980s, centers on a masterless samurai who is reincarnated in a dystopic near-future New York populated by squatters, factions and mutants. The ronin must try to destroy a demon with a mystic sword, which also is found in New York.
Sylvain White is attached to direct, while Gianni Nunnari, one of the producers behind the Miller adaptation 300, and his Hollywood Gang are producing.