Whatcha Watching?

Misc. discussion about TV shows, movies, theater, celebrities, music, video games, novels, and comic books goes here.
Sir Jig-A-Lot

Re: Whatcha Watching?

Post by Sir Jig-A-Lot »

Yeah, I've heard the UK Life On Mars is good. It's on my list. What's the premise of The Closer,IO? I was told to check The Shield & The Wire, but I've never been one for cop shows. The last series I got into before Scrubs & Supernatural this year was HBO's Rome ,Dexter & the hilarious Black Books.Oh yeah I was told to also peep something called Dead Like Me.
ALL MY BITCHEZ LUH ME

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
¡ñ±£¿®∆L Ф¶†ïς@п
Resident Cryptologist

Post by ¡ñ±£¿®∆L Ф¶†ïς@п »

Dead Like me was alright, it has a good cult following, and should probably be higher on your queue, given it was only three or four seasons before... yank!

It has to do with a chick dying, but not really disappearing from her earthly duties as a being, and then she gets some reapers as pals to help her on her newfound way of living (by releasing those just about to die). I think HBO carried it, and while it was a good show with plenty of comic relief, sometimes it got a bit too serious, and "chick-flicky" (especially when the then-deceased girl is stalking her family in a new body, and it just is a weird interaction). I think the entire premise of the show is "weird", but in that HBO-kind-of-way.

flip-side:
The Closer has Kyra Sedgwick has the chief head of a police department responsible for solving major crimes (mostly murders, from what I've seen).
It's like Law & Order, I'd be hesitant to state, but much more character-driven, and funnier as well. The ensemble cast is great. And so far, after watching a few episodes, I've started to get keen on Kyra. ;)

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
Sir Jig-A-Lot

Post by Sir Jig-A-Lot »

Thanks for the heads up!
ALL MY BITCHEZ LUH ME

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
¡ñ±£¿®∆L Ф¶†ïς@п
Resident Cryptologist

Not a problem, Jig. If I only had more time other than the weekends to watch all these series that are in my mental queue, I might have already discovered and watched the entirety of The Shield, and then still have a week left to watch the premiere of the finale (which was a year ago last summer, I think).

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
Sir Jig-A-Lot

Post by Sir Jig-A-Lot »

Lol. I just realized: I still have True Blood in the shrinkwrap. I got it a couple of weeks ago as the freebie as part of one of those buy2get1free deals when I bought Dexter S2&3.
ALL MY BITCHEZ LUH ME

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
¡ñ±£¿®∆L Ф¶†ïς@п
Resident Cryptologist

The new season of NFL's Hard Knocks: Episode 1.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
Sir Jig-A-Lot

Post by Sir Jig-A-Lot »

Currently watching Manila Street Goddesses saunter past me as I sip Iced Mocha @ a Seattle's Best :)
ALL MY BITCHEZ LUH ME

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post by -84 »

Sir Jig-A-Lot wrote:Currently watching Manila Street Goddesses saunter past me as I sip Iced Mocha @ a Seattle's Best :)
Pics or it didn't happen.

:p

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
Sir Jig-A-Lot

Post by Sir Jig-A-Lot »

Ha Ha Ha. That would have been kinda overt me taking photos...so I guess it didn't happen. ;)
ALL MY BITCHEZ LUH ME

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
xristoforos27

Post by xristoforos27 »

A movie called Strangers on a Train,Alfred Hitchcock

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links